These are the release notes for features Syncari introduced in June 2022. If you have any questions about these items, please contact customer support.
Each month, we highlight newly released features.
Here’s the list for this month:
- Imported Data: sync data from CSV files
- Pipeline Validation: diagnose issues in detail
- Slack Block Kit support: write complex messages
Imported Data: sync and manage CSV files
CSV (comma-separated value) files are one of the most common formats of storing data. Now, you can load your data directly from a CSV file into Syncari. You can use this to ingest leads from field events or purchased lists, or update a set of records that need a field updated. We support a single upload or a serial upload of the newest version of a repeating file.
Here’s how it works: upload your file to Syncari and you’re ready to sync your data to Salesforce, Marketo, or any other connected system. When you get a new download from that vendor or service, return here and upload your new file to update the existing data. We’ll process, dedupe, and clean the data according to your data pipelines! If you need access to the original file upload, download it from here.
Use Imported Data to load CSV files
Pipeline Validation: diagnose issues in detail
Our goal is to make pipeline building simple and fast. Sometimes, when you build your pipeline logic, there are small issues to fix. We’ve introduced new detailed validation that shows you all of the validation issues happening in a pipeline, rather than one at a time.
When you click Validate, we show you a list of any errors that occur in your pipeline. This could be a missing connection for your node, a function that needs an input, or a mismatch between the expected data and received data. As you fix an issue, revalidate to get an updated list.
Validating a pipeline displays issues in entity or field pipelines
Slack update: write Block Kit messages in Slack
Our initial implementation of Slack let you read messages from a channel where our Syncari integration is installed and send messages with an Action. Now you can send Slack messages to both an individual user and a channel, and we also added support for Block Kit Messages.
Slack uses the Block Kit format to present messages that take interaction. This lets you take user action and catch the first response (a button click, form fill, or selection are good examples) in a Syncari pipeline. For example, send a message in Slack that an updated ticket needs to be claimed and use the button click to tell Syncari to change the ownership of that ticket in the source system.
An example Slack Block Kit message (from Slack documentation)
Custom Object Support in Netsuite
Syncari now supports Custom Objects in Netsuite. Custom record types are important because they give you the ability to extend the basic functionality of Netsuite to match the data model of your business. For example, if you keep track of custom product configurations, you might create a custom object. Another way you might use custom objects is to create related, child objects for existing Netsuite objects.
These are some of the minor improvements we made to Syncari in June 2022:
- Service/client certificate support for our Postgres Synapse
- APIs for listing Syncari functions and Syncari actions
- Scheduled sync now has an option to update all changed records instead of running a batch of changed records per cycle
- Support for Segment Destination
- Improved speed to handle Campaign Member pipelines in Salesforce
- Added notification for Custom Synapse when the approval is in process
- Added the ability to select text in tables displayed in the Syncari application
We also resolved some issues in the Syncari platform, including:
- Fixed a banner issue where the end date to the Syncari trial was unclear
- Connecting arrows to nodes were not terminating and connecting properly
- A live test was not running on an expected record
- An issue creating a record in a custom object in HubSpot
- Zuora synapse needed to be updated due to an API change
- A numeric range field in a Data Quality Studio rule was not updating correctly