The Zuora Synapse enables data synchronization between Zuora standard objects and Syncari entities using the Zuora API. After the Synapse is Authenticated, you can Activate it, which enables Syncari to replicate the Zuora schema and make it available within the Unified Data Model.
Using Sync Studio, you can map Zuora objects to Syncari entities, and Zuora fields to Syncari fields.
- Schema Discovery of Standard Objects
- Bi-Directional Sync of Standard Objects
- Exception: Uni-Directional Sync of Billing Preview Run object
- Let's create an API user role and an API user in Zuora. The API User Role should include the following permissions:
- API Write Access
- Delete Custom Objects
- View Custom Objects
- Edit Custom Objects
- We also need to create an Oath Client for the user created above to collect Client ID and Client Secret.
- Let's also find the appropriate API Endpoint, it'll likely be:
Let's get started! First, navigate to the Synapses section, find and drag the Zuora Synapse onto the canvas.
You are now presented with the Synapse configuration modal. Enter a Synapse Name and the Endpoint URL collected above, then click Next.
Enter the Client ID and Client Secret collected above. Then Save and authenticate.
You should see successful authentication, click Next.
Go ahead and click Make Synapse Active.
Once activated, let's Close out.
Congratulations and well done!
Activating the Synapse does not begin any kind of data transfer. We do however grab a copy of the Zuora Schema.
A few things to know
We currently support the following Zuora objects:
BillingPreviewRun is not a normal object, it's a bit special, as such, we recommend configuring this to sync only once daily and not at frequent intervals like other objects.
Currently, Syncari does not see deletes from Zuora. We do plan on adding this in the future.