The Zendesk synapse enables data synchronization with Zendesk Support objects. Using the sync studio, users can map the Zendesk objects to syncari entities. The system provides a default mapping for the standard objects.
If your Zendesk security requires you to whitelist an IP you can find that here.
- Create records
- Update records
- Delete records
- Merge records
- In Zendesk, create a Zendesk Oauth Client by going to your Zendesk Admin Center and navigating to Apps and Integrations > Zendesk API. Click on the Oauth Clients tab. Then click on the Add Oauth Client button to create a new Oauth Client.
- Enter a Client Name and Description. Note the Company and Unique Identifier will be prefilled. Leave the Redirect URLs field empty for now and click the Save button.
- After clicking Save, you will be prompted with a notification that explains the secret will be displayed to you only once. Click OK.
- Then next screen will provide information that will need to be copied and stored somewhere safe. There are two values you will need from this screen for later steps in the setup.
- Unique Identifier
- Secret (make sure to copy the value as it will not be displayed again after leaving this screen)
Leave this screen open for now as you will come back to this screen to enter the Redirect URL value.
- In Syncari, navigate to the synapse page. Search for the Zendesk synapse on the right panel and drag it onto the canvas.
- The synapse configuration modal will open. Enter a name for the synapse (Zendesk) and provide your company's unique Zendesk domain in the Endpoint URL field. For example: https://companyname.zendesk.com
Click Next to go to the Authentication step.
- The Authenticate step is where you will enter the Unique Identifier and Secret from the Oauth Client you created in Zendesk.
- Enter the Unique Identifier into the Client ID field
- Enter the Secret into the Client Secret field
Next, click the Generate button under the "Generate and register the below OAuth redirect URL" field. This will generate the Redirect URL needed for the Oauth Client you created in Zendesk. Copy the URL and leave this screen open for now.
- Go back to the Zendesk Oauth Client screen. Paste the Redirect URL into the configuration and click Save.
- Return to the Syncari synapse configuration screen and click the Authenticate button.
- A new dialog will open asking for permission to allow the Oauth Client to access your Zendesk account. It is important to be logged into Zendesk as an Admin user when performing this step. The permissions to create, update and delete Zendesk records will be based on the Zendesk user that is authorizing the Oauth Client. For example, if you are logged into Zendesk as a user that has permissions under a Light Agent role, the synapse will not be able to perform certain updates to Users and Tickets. Click the Allow button to proceed.
- The green Authenticated button should now display. Click Next to proceed to Activating the synapse.
- Click the Make Synapse Active button and wait for the status to show Active. Click the Close button when done.
Should you choose to Activate and Create Pipelines, the following default mappings will be created:
Download as CSV.